Also known as dipping bars, dip bars are great for your bodyweight workouts and calisthenics, no matter whether you are a beginner or professional. These are portable, small bars that don’t take much space.
However, there are a lot of dip bars offered by different brands in various sizes and shapes. Therefore, to make things easier for you, in this article, I have listed the 12 best dip bars for your home gym.
In a Hurry? Here is our top pick:
Quick Answer – 12 Best Dip Bars For Your Home Gym
- BalanceFrom Multi-Function Dip Stand – Best Overall
- RELIFE REBUILD YOUR LIFE Dip Station Functional
- Livebest Tower Multi-Function Dip Stand
- ProsourceFit Dip Stand Station
- Ultimate Body Press Dip Bar
- Fuel Pureformance Deluxe Dip Station
- GoBeast Pull Up Bar Free-Standing Dip Station
- XTEK Gym XL Parallette Bars
- Ultimate Body Press Wall Mount Dip Station
- Yaheetech Heavy Duty Dip Stand
- Wacces Functional Fitness Station Stabilizer Dip Stands
- RELIFE REBUILD YOUR LIFE Dip Station Power Tower
Reviews – 12 Best Dip Bars For Your Home Gym
Dip bars are a great addition to your home gym. Let us take a look at the top 12 dip bars with their respective pros and cons. These details will help you make an informed decision and choose the dip bar that best suits your needs and preferences.
1. BalanceFrom Multi-Function Dip Stand – Best Overall
- Heavy-duty steel allows it to withstand up to 500 lbs of weight
- Stable, durable, and safe design
- Adjustable height up to 51.18 inches
- Foam handles provide comfort and are non-slippery
- Push up handles at the base
- Non-slip feet
- Offered in three colors, including grey, yellow, and red
- 2-year warranty
- Fixed width at 27.95 inches is too wide for some people
- Grip padding is not durable
- Customer support is not so good
BalanceFrom Dip Stand is of high-quality, sturdy, and stable. Made using thick steel, this dip station can endure tough exercises.
BalanceFrom dip station is 29.52 inches in length and 27.95 inches in width, which allows you to do different types of workouts, including bar workouts, dips, push-ups, pull-ups, bench presses, leg raises, etc.
Moreover, the dip stand is safe and can withstand up to 500 lbs owing to its incredible compartments that provide optimal stability.
You can easily adjust the height of the BalanceFrom dip station from a minimum of 40.15 inches up to a maximum of 51.18 inches. This makes it suitable for both short as well as tall people.
BalanceFrom dip stand is equipped with a non-slip base pad that enhances stability. Plus, it has foam handles that offer good grip, maximum comfort, and prevent pinched fingers while exercising.
2. RELIFE REBUILD YOUR LIFE Dip Station Functional
- Ideal for short people
- Offered in bright yellow color
- Height can be adjusted to a maximum of 34.25 inches
- Soft padded and foam grip handles provide maximum comfort
- Adjustable safety connector
- Non-slip feet made of rubber
- Can withstand up to 300 lbs
- Not quite stable
Relife Rebuild Your Life Dip Station is a very affordable dip station. It is great for your home gym and ideal for short people.
The dip bars are made using thick and durable steel, which is why they can withstand a maximum weight of 300 lbs. This makes them safe for doing exercises.
The four holes make it easy to adjust this functional dip station by pulling the knob. Moreover, it has an adjustable height from 2.5 feet to 2.9 feet. You can also adjust its foot strap so that it fits the ground properly and does not shake.
Relife Rebuild Your Life dip bars are equipped with soft handles that minimize fatigue, augment friction ability, and provide better control.
The safety screw design is convenient, unique, and practical with easy installation. Relife Rebuild Your Life functional dip station is also offered in bright yellow color.
3. Livebest Tower Multi-Function Dip Stand
- Great for home gym and explosive exercises
- Sturdy and safe
- Eight different adjustable heights
- Easy and quick to adjust the height
- Large and comfortable armrests
- Can withstand a lot of weight
- You cannot adjust the width between bars
- Foot bolts can scratch your floor
- No push-up or sit-up bars at the base
- Assembly instructions are not clear
- Offered in only black color
Livebest Tower Multi-Function Dip Stand is a stable and secure piece of equipment for home calisthenics gyms. This durable dip stand is great for explosive training with its heavy frame, square-shaped wide base, and comfortable hand padding.
Offered at an affordable price, Livebest Tower dip stand is compact in size and made of thick stainless steel with an anti-rust finish. It can support up to 325 lbs of weight.
The four solid rubber feet provide extra stability and protect your floor. The extra push-up handles are great for chest exercises and push-ups.
You can easily adjust its height within seconds from 62.2 inches to 84.5 inches using the two rotatable pins. This makes the Livebest Multi-Function Dip Stand ideal for people with different heights, since you can adjust it as per your specific requirements.
4. ProsourceFit Dip Stand Station
- Ideal for beginner calisthenics
- Stable and sturdy with durable iron tube construction
- Easy to adjust the height from 31 inches to 35 inches
- Comes with extendable stabilizing safety connector
- Rubber non-slip feet
- Can withstand up to 400 lbs
- Lightweight with only 23.5 lbs weight
- Offered in three different colors
- In maximum height, it can shake a bit for bigger people
- Somewhat short
- Foam padding is too small
ProsourceFit Dip Stand Station is 24 inches wide and 31 inches high. You can individually adjust the height of these dip bars up to 35 inches. This way you can easily do exercises that require two distinct bar heights.
ProsourceFit dip station is comparatively shorter than other dip stands with only 2.5 feet. This means it’s suitable for people who are below six feet. Made of durable iron with a coating, these Prosource dip stands can bear up to 400 lbs of weight.
The rubber feet of the dip station is quite stable and prevents it from slipping on any type of floor. The two bars are connected with the adjustable stabilizing safety connector that can be extended from 16 ¼ inches to 23 ¼ inches.
5. Ultimate Body Press Dip Bar
- Two adjustable width positions
- Suitable for extensive dips
- 3-feet height
- Sturdy and tall enough to withstand all types of body
- Angled grips offer a better form
- Easy to assemble and store
- Warranty of 10 years
- Requires smooth floor for stability
- Not for intermediate to professional calisthenics
Ultimate Body Press dip bars are 3 inches tall and can bear up to 350 lbs of weight. Their width can be adjusted in two different positions, making them ideal for both thin and bulky people doing various exercises. The angled grips offer proper form while working out.
You can easily disassemble and store these dip bars that have a one-piece structure. This saves space. You can use them for dips as well as suspension exercises, though being 3-feet height makes them a bit unstable for intermediate calisthenics.
Nevertheless, Ultimate dip bars can accommodate people with a height up to 6.5feet. Plus, it comes with a 10-year warranty. This high-quality equipment is ideal for a home gym.
6. Fuel Pureformance Deluxe Dip Station
- Made using 14- as well as 12-gauge steel
- More than 3feet in height
- Comfortable grips
- One-piece after assembly
- Easy to assemble
- Versatile with O-rings
- Warranty of 10 years
- Not suitable for tall people above six feet (In case you are, you have to bend your knees)
- Not comfortable for leg lifts due to too much distance between the handles
- Cannot be adjusted
Fuel Pureformance Deluxe Dip Station is great for triceps as well as the chest. It has a one-piece structure.
The equipment is made using a combination of 14- and 12-gauge steel. Plus, it has a powder-coated finishing and attached gussets. This makes the dip station sturdy to endure the wear and tear and stable enough so you do not tip over while exercising.
Fuel Pureformance dip station is more than three feet in height, making it suitable for a lot of people. However, the front metal bar makes it quite hard for you to swing your legs.
Fuel dip station is quite easy to assemble within 30 minutes. The angled dip bars offer better performance with padded grips. Moreover, the dip stand accompanies O-rings, which makes it versatile for many workouts.
7. GoBeast Pull Up Bar Free-Standing Dip Station
- Targets core muscles and enables 35 different workouts
- Good stability
- Supports up to 300 lbs of weight
- Takes less space
- Easy to assemble and adjust
- Comes with a carry bag and resistance bands
- Too tight for new bodybuilders
GoBeast Pull Up Bar allows you to do several workouts to tone your body while targeting your core muscles. It enables you to perform 35 exercises, including chin-ups, leg raises, dips, close- and wide-grip pull-ups, and various types of push-ups.
The dip station is in black and red colors. The free-standing dip station is both durable and comfortable to use.
You can easily adjust the GoBeast free-standing dip station, which can become a pull-up station at the maximum height and a dip station at a lower height. Plus, you can keep it in small spaces.
Offered at an affordable price, GoBeast power tower has a sturdy and wide base. However, make sure you place it on a durable and bare floor. GoBeast free-standing power tower can support a weight of up to 240 lbs.
8. XTEK Gym XL Parallette Bars
- Ideal for calisthenics and many other advanced workouts
- Made using 2mm heavy-duty gauge steel
- Not rounded at the end
- Stable and portable
- Non-slip feet made of rubber
- Small for regular dips
- Only available in black color
Xtek Gym Parallette Bars are great for calisthenics. Plus, you can use these versatile dip bars for tucks, push-ups, planche, V-sits, handstands, as well as ab exercises.
This holistic exercise equipment is made of heavy-duty gauge steel that is 2mm thick and coated with powder that prevents slipping. The round tubes of 1.25 inches have an easy grip. They are 19 inches long and 14.5 inches (1.2 feet) tall.
Xtek gym bars are quite stable for many exercises since they are closer to the floor. They can be easily assembled within 10 minutes. You can easily take these dip bars anywhere thanks to their easy portability and lightweight.
9. Ultimate Body Press Wall Mount Dip Station
- Great for small rooms since it does not take any floor space and can be easily mounted on the wall
- Ideal for tall people
- Includes two stations in one
- Constructed using high-quality steel and has nice finishing
- Cushioned back and armrests
- Large back pad
- Safe for dips and other calisthenics workouts
- Permanent mount
- Short people can have difficulty with the elbow-arm rests placed far apart
- The length or width of the bars is not adjustable
- Not portable
Ultimate Body Press Wall Mount Dip Station is ideal for home gyms since it can be mounted on the wall.
This is one of the safest dip stations for calisthenics with its four long bolts that hold it onto the wall. This means you cannot fall or break something with this dip station. Moreover, this saves you floor space.
The dip station is constructed using heavy-duty steel and has a powder-coated finishing in gun-metal grey color. This makes it strong and allows it to easily withstand a weight of up to 300 lbs.
The Ultimate Body Press dip station is equipped with cushioned back and armrests and padded foam grips that offer maximum performance and comfort.
It is 26 inches in height, 28 inches wide, and measures 26.5 inches from the end of the bars to the wall.
This equipment is great for burning fat in your triceps and other types of exercises. It combines two machines in one with a vertical knee station and a dip station. You can easily mount Ultimate Body Press with the instructions and the mounting hardware provided.
10. Yaheetech Heavy Duty Dip Stand
- Constructed using square steel bar of two inches
- Very stable
- Knurled foam handles provide optimum grip and traction
- Can be used for weighted dips with maximum weight support of 500 lbs
- Non-slip rubber feet
- A free-standing unit that saves space
- You cannot adjust the bar distance
- Its handles are not angled and set too wide for small people
Yaheetech Heavy Duty Dip Stand is very sturdy, stable, and ideal for chest, arm, and shoulder workouts. The angled design enables you to target your triceps and pecs. Its height is ideal for people who have longer legs and torsos and those who don’t want to do floor level workouts.
The reinforced corners of the Yaheetech dip stand enables it to withstand heavy loads, which is great for people who use a weighted belt.
This free-standing one-piece dip station is portable and can be easily moved in different rooms. It is constructed using solid steel that makes it strong and durable yet lightweight. Plus, it has knurled tubular handles that are non-slippery.
The rubber feet of Yaheetech dip station firmly keeps the rack in position. It is easy to assemble with its space-saving and well-balanced design.
11. Wacces Functional Fitness Station Stabilizer Dip Stands
- Ideal for tall people
- Sturdy construction
- Adjustable height from 31 to 35 inches
- Available in four different colors
- Less stable as compared to others
- Too narrow, which means you need to be careful while performing dips and other workouts
Wacces functional fitness station is great for L-sits, dips, pull-ups, bench presses, and push-ups. It allows you to easily do bodyweight workouts for greater endurance and muscle strength.
This versatile home gym equipment can be used by athletes of all ages. Made of thick tubing, Wacces fitness station can support up to 400 lbs of weight. It comes with a safety connector that is 16 inches long, padded grip handles, and rubber feet.
Wacces dip stands are stable, lightweight, portable, and to use. You can easily adjust their height and store them. Moreover, the molded rubber feet of this dip stand avoids scratches on your floor.
12. RELIFE REBUILD YOUR LIFE Dip Station Power Tower
- Stable and durable
- Can be adjusted in six different height settings
- Easy to assemble
- Comes with body twister and push-up bars
- Handles are a bit rough
Relife Rebuild Your Life Dip Station Power Tower has triangular brackets. Its height can be adjusted in six different settings from 39 inches to 50.8 inches.
The dip station can support up to 330 lbs of weight and has 22 inches width between its handles. The structural design of Relife Rebuild Your Life power tower includes a square tube made of steel that provides stability during workouts.
Moreover, its H-shaped base is equipped with four suction cups at its foot, which allows you to change the flatness as per your floor type. The Relife Rebuild Your Life dip station comes with body twister and push-up bars for other exercises.
Benefits of using Dip Bars
Whether you are a beginner or an advanced calisthenics enthusiast, you can benefit a lot with a good pair of dip bars. Some of the benefits of using a dip station at your home are listed below:
- Builds upper-body mass: Dips make your back, shoulders, triceps, and upper chest bigger, firmer, and stronger. They increase the strength in your upper body. Well-developed muscles can really help you in several calisthenics movements. Additionally, dips are an essential bodyweight workout for calisthenics.
- Increases strength: When you use some extra resistance like a dip belt, resistance bands, or a weighted vest with a dip station, it can augment your endurance and strength levels.
- Strengthens the elbow joint: Dips can also make your elbow joints stronger.
- Considered a Closed Kinetic Chain (CKC) exercise: In CKC exercise, you move your body but your feet and hands are still or not moving. This type of exercise makes your body’s opposite muscle groups move together, which is the opposite of Open Kinetic Chain (OKC) exercises.
How to choose the best dip bars?
You should know what to look for when you’re buying a dip station and what features a good dip bar must have. Keep these considerations in mind while purchasing dip bars.
One of the main considerations to look for in dip bars is stability. A stable dip station will be safer for you. You can go for either portable dip bars or wall-mounted dip bars such as Ultimate Body Press Wall Mount Dip Station.
Even though wall-mounted dip bars offer a more stable hold, portable dip bars also work nicely, provided they have a sturdy base. This will prevent them from shaking while exercising.
Moreover, make sure the dip bars you buy are constructed using high-quality and durable steel and their holes line up properly.
Width between the bars
The width between the bars of a dip station should be as per the muscle group you plan to work on. Some parallel and tapered dip bars come with adjustable grip width distance, such as Ultimate Body Press Dip Bar. This means you can use such a dip station for relatively more exercises.
Narrow width between the bars is ideal for targeting your shoulders and triceps. On the other hand, wider grips are ideal for building your chest size, pectorals, and strength.
The dip bars you buy must have a decent weight capacity. For this, you must consider your body weight as well as the extra force that you use while doing sets. Moreover, you must think if you plan to use a dip belt in order to make your dips more difficult and challenging.
If you are an athlete, a dip stand with a weight capacity of around 500 lbs or more is enough for you. In this case, you can opt for BalanceFrom Multi-Function Dip Stand or Yaheetech Heavy Duty Dip Stand, since both of these dip stands can handle up to 500 lbs of weight.
You should also consider your height apart from your weight when buying a dip stand. This is because different dip stations come with different heights. Some are for short people and others are for tall people over six feet.
Moreover, a lot of dip bars even have an option of adjustable height, wherein you can adjust the height of the dip bars in various settings as per your preferences.
You should also consider the space in your home where you will keep your dip bars. If you have less space, you can go for a dip station that can easily be disassembled, folded, or collapsed with minimal efforts. There are a lot of portable dip bars out there that offer this feature.
Moreover, some dip bars even come with a carry bag, which makes them more portable. These dip bars are easy to store and carry around owing to this feature. You just have to look for the right dip station for yourself. Make sure that the folding dip bar you choose is durable as well.
So, these are the 12 best dip bars. Dip stations allow you to do many exercises that are great for your whole upper body, including your chest, triceps, and shoulders. Since not all dip stations are the same, you can choose the most suitable one for yourself.
Among others, I highly recommend Prosource Dip Station as it’s great for beginner calisthenics. It is my favorite dip stand. These dip bars are sturdy, adjustable, safe, and lightweight.
You can use them both indoors and outdoors since they are portable. Additionally, this dip station is suitable for people below six feet.
Apart from this, Ultimate Body Press Dip Bar is also great. It is ideal for people having a height up to 6.5 feet , and it comes with a 10-year warranty. You can also buy push-up trainers and a weighted dip belt with this dip station.