With today’s hectic schedules, it can be difficult to sit down to a solid meal. If you’re following the keto diet, you know how important it is to eat when you’re scheduled to.
Like any diet, the keto diet restricts calories. This means that every meal counts.
Therefore, if you can’t make a meal, you need something quick and easy that can replace it.
In this guide, we’ll look at the best keto meal replacement shakes on the market. Let’s get started!
In a Hurry? Here is our top pick:
Quick Answer – Best Keto Meal Replacement Shake
- Ample K Ketogenic Meal Replacement – Best Overall Keto Meal Replacement Shake
- Garden of Life Dr. Formulated Keto Meal Balanced Shake – Best Organic Keto Meal Replacement Shake
- KetoLogic Keto Meal Replacement Shake – Best Celebrity Endorsed Keto Meal Replacement Shake
- HLTH Code Complete Meal – Best Doctor Formulated Keto Meal Replacement Shake
- Purus Labs Ketofeed – Best Versatile Keto Meal Replacement Shake
- Keto Science Ketogenic Meal Shake – Best For Energy
- SlimFast Keto Meal Replacement Shake – Best Budget Keto Meal Replacement Shake
- American Metabolix Keto Meal – Best For Baking
- KetoLife Ketogenic Meal Shake – Best For Beginners
- Left Coast Keto Shake – Best Women’s Keto Meal Replacement Shake
Reviews – The Best Keto Meal Replacement Shakes
Ample K Ketogenic Meal Replacement – Best Overall Keto Meal Replacement Shake
Ample K is our best overall keto meal replacement shake.
For starters, it’s available in single-serving bottles. That makes it easy to carry a couple of servings with you. All you do is add your favorite cold beverage and you have a 600 calorie keto meal. Per bottle, there’s 21g grass-fed whey protein isolate, and 51g fat from premium sources. This is a keto shake that will keep you full for hours.
Also, one bottle contains 19g total carbs and 3g sugar. That’s a lot of carbs for a keto shake but there’s also 15g fiber. Ample K contains zero artificial sweeteners or flavors. It helps burn fat for fuel, increases energy, and helps users stay focused.
Ample K is designed to keep keto dieters full and satisfied for 4 hours.
- Single Serving Bottles – Easy To Carry Anywhere
- No Artificial Ingredients
- Keeps Keto Dieters Full For 4 Hours
- May Be Too Costly For Budget Conscious Users
Garden of Life Dr. Formulated Keto Meal Balanced Shake – Best Organic Keto Meal Replacement Shake
Here’s our pick for best organic keto shake. It features keto-balanced macros of 70% fats, 23% protein, and 7% carbs.
Garden of Life Keto Meal Balanced Shake is doctor-formulated and designed for any low-carb dieter. The fats are sourced from organic grass-fed butter, MCTs, and CLA. The protein source is from organic grass-fed whey.
There are 280 calories and only 5g total carbs with 1g sugar. Additionally, there’s organic prebiotic and probiotic fiber to support digestion. Keto Meal mixes easily with any cold beverage.
Finally, Garden of Life Keto Meal Balanced Shake contains no artificial ingredients.
- Keto Features Balanced Macros
- Organic & Contains All Natural Ingredients
- 3rd Party Certified For Purity & Quality
- Some Users Feel It Does Not Mix Well
KetoLogic Keto Meal Replacement Shake – Best Celebrity Endorsed Keto Meal Replacement Shake
KetoLogic Keto Meal Replacement Shake is Tim Tebow endorsed and provides 250 calories per serving. There’s 19g of healthy fat from MCTs and coconut oil.
Also, KetoLogic Keto Meal has 10g whey protein, 11g total carbs, and 1g sugar. Keto Meal Replacement contains 4g fiber and features all-natural ingredients. This Shake promotes ketosis, helps you feel full, and supports natural energy.
It mixes easily in the cold beverage of your choice.
- Features Keto Macros
- Promotes Ketosis
- Helps You Feel Full For Hours
- Some Users Feel The Taste Is Too Rich
HLTH Code Complete Meal – Best Doctor Formulated Keto Meal Replacement Shake
HLTH Code Complete Meal is our pick for best doctor-formulated keto meal replacement shake. It’s a keto-friendly, healthy meal replacement shake. It contains 27g protein consisting of whey concentrate, collagen, and egg whites. There are 400 calories per serving, and a 27g of Healthy Fats Blend using 6 sources of fats. There are 13g carbs but 9g fiber.
Also, there’s a digestive enzyme blend, and HLTH Code features all natural ingredients. Finally, it can be mixed with any cold beverage.
- All Natural Ingredients
- 27g Protein Blend From Whey, Collagen & Egg Whites
- Mixes Easily & Tastes Delicious
- Some Users may Not Want The Added Iron
Purus Labs Ketofeed – Best Versatile Keto Meal Replacement Shake
Purus Labs Ketofeed is a low glycemic meal replacement shake that contains 170 calories, 20g whey protein, and 10g MCTs.
Ketofeed is sugar-free with 1g carbs. Use it to replace a meal replacement or replace your protein shakes. You can also use it as a creamer for your morning coffee. You can shake it, blend it, make it into a pudding, and bake with it. All the different ways to use Purus Labs Ketofeed make it the best versatile keto shake.
Ketofeed does use artificial sweeteners. However, it contains natural flavors.
- 20g Whey Protein Per Serving
- 10g MCTs Per Serving
- Use It As Shake, Make It Into Pudding, Or Bake With It
- Contains Artificial Ingredients
Keto Science Ketogenic Meal Shake – Best For Energy
Here’s a keto meal replacement shake that also supports paleo and intermittent fasting diets. Keto Science Ketogenic Meal Shake contains 224 calories with 20g healthy fats. The fats come from MCTs. There’s also 8g protein, 3g total carbs with 1g sugar, and 1g fiber.
Ketogenic Meal Shake has less protein than most keto meal replacement shakes. This supplement is formulated to support ketosis through the use of fats. MCTs increase energy as well as the metabolic rate.
There’s alos a complete vitamin/mineral profile which also supports energy. This makes Keto Science Ketogenic Meal Shake the best for energy.
- Helps Users Stay In Ketosis
- Supports Energy
- Features A Full Spectrum Of Vitamins & Minerals
- Low Protein Content Compared To Other Keto Meal Replacements
SlimFast Keto Meal Replacement Shake – Best Budget Keto Meal Replacement Shake
This is a shake that’s keto-approved and works well with any low-carb diet.
SlimFast Keto Meal Replacement Shake is formulated for budget-minded dieters. One serving contains 190 calories, 8g protein, and 8g total carbs. Sugar is under 1g, but there’s 3g erythritol, which is a naturally occurring sugar substitute. It has 6% of the calories of the same amount in sugar.
SlimFast Keto uses MCTs and grass-fed butter, and there are zero artificial ingredients. This supplement follows the standard SlimFast plan of eating a regular meal, 2 meals replaced with 2 shakes, and 3 snacks. That makes one day’s worth of keto-approved eating.
- No Artificial Sweeteners, Flavors, Or Colors
- Formulated For Budget Conscious Keto Dieters
- Uses The Keto Approved SlimFast Diet Plan
- There Are Only 10 Servings Per Container
American Metabolix Keto Meal – Best For Baking
The three primary ingredients of American Metabolix Keto Meal are whole egg powder, butter powder, and coconut water powder. It’s sweetened and flavored naturally.
Keto Meal follows the standard keto macronutrient ratio of 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carbs. That breaks down to 227calories, 10g protein, 18g fats, and 3g total carbs. There’s 2g sugar but no fiber. Egg protein is used for its slower digestion speed.
American Metabolix Keto Meal is designed to keep you feeling full for several hours. You can mix it into a shake or smoothie. You can also use it to bake with, including for waffles or pancakes. That makes American Metabolix Keto Meal the best for baking.
- Features High Fat, Moderate Protein & Low Carbs
- Use It For Shakes Or Baking
- No Artificial Ingredients
- Some Users Complain About A Chalky Taste
KetoLife Ketogenic Meal Shake – Best For Beginners
Here’s a keto meal replacement shake that’s designed to promote energy, fat loss, and brainpower.
Many beginner keto dieters suffer from mental fog as they get used to the changes keto brings to their diet. KetoLife Ketogenic Meal Shake is the best choice for beginners because it supports mental function. It’s a complete meal that provides 230 calories and 18g of healthy fats from MCTs, coconut oil, avocado oil, and grass-fed butter. There’s also 10g protein from whey, collagen, and egg whites.
Finally, there are 6g total carbs with 3g sugar, and there’s 1g fiber. Ketogenic Meal Shake is all-natural. It’s easy to prepare and it mixes easily with cold water.
- Complete Keto Meal Featuring Healthy Fats
- Mixes Easily
- Supports Fat Loss, Energy & Brain Power
- The Taste Does Not Appeal To All Users
Left Coast Keto Shake – Best Women’s Keto Meal Replacement Shake
Left Coast Keto Shake provides 250 calories and14g collagen peptides as the only protein source. This type of protein makes Left Coast Keto Shake our pick for best women’s keto meal replacement.
That’s because collagen protein is essential for healthy skin, hair, and nails. There’s 20g fat per serving sourced from coconut oil powder and MCT powder. There are 10g carbs, 6g fiber, and no sugar.
Keto Shake is naturally sweetened with stevia and monk fruit. It’s also naturally flavored. It can be added to your favorite cold beverage, or used as a creamer and added into your coffee. It can be used to make keto smoothies, and you can bake with it.
- Make A Keto Shake Or Smoothie
- Add It Too Coffee Or Bake With It
- Keeps You Feeling Full & Satisfied
- May Taste Too Sweet For Some Users
Buying Guide – How To Choose The Best Keto Meal Replacement Shakes?
A Quick Review: What Is The Keto Diet?
The Keto diet is a low-carb diet that suggests 10% or less of your total daily calories come from carbs. There are three versions of this diet. The versions vary by how active you are.
Here are the three versions:
- Standard Keto Dieting (SKD)—This version is the standard Keto diet. It’s low carb, high protein, high fat. The SKD version is the best choice for inactive dieters. That means that while individuals may exercise, they do not exercise intensely. A low carb intake would not have much of an impact on their exercise sessions.
- Targeted Keto Dieting (TKD)—This is a good version for bodybuilding and sports. This is because it allows carbs in the hours surrounding training. This improves workout energy and supports recovery. The goal of TKD is to enhance workout performance without affecting Ketosis beyond the time it takes to train.
- Cyclical Keto Dieting (CKD)—This is also a popular version for bodybuilding and sports. The difference with CKD is that it allows carb refeeds once a week instead of eating more carbs when you train. The weekly refeed helps replenish muscle glycogen levels. If you train hard yet lack energy, CKD is the version to try.
What Are Keto Meal Replacement Shakes?
A keto meal replacement shake is a convenient meal in a glass, and some of them can be used to make pudding or bake with. They’re meant to replace 1-2 meals per day. Keto shakes provide healthy fats and high-quality protein with low carbs. Some keto meal shakes may contain a complete vitamin and mineral profile. These shakes come in powder and single-serving bottles and are a great way to stay in ketosis. They are ideal when you need a quick meal if you’re at work, traveling, or at school.
Benefits Of Keto Meal Replacement Shakes
- They help maintain ketosis
- They provide a keto-approved meal alternative
- They provide a quick meal solution for busy keto dieters that can’t always sit down to a whole food meal
- They provide keto dieters with the right (according to keto) balance of fats, protein, and carbohydrates
- Keto shakes help dieters feel full and satisfied
- Keto shakes promote energy and focus
What To Look For When Considering A Keto Meal Replacement Shake
Here are the things to look for in a keto meal replacement shake.
A Feeling of Fullness
A keto meal shake should be as satisfying as a whole food meal. That means it should have enough calories to fill you up. That also means it should have high-fat content. Ample K is a good example of this. One serving provides 600 calories and 51g of healthy fats. This combination can keep you feeling satisfied and full for hours.
It Needs To Fit Keto Macros
A keto meal replacement shake needs to fit the keto macronutrient ratio. This means the calories should break down as follows: 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% or fewer carbs. They use fat sources such as MCTs, coconut oil, powdered grass-fed butter, and powdered avocado oil powder. Protein will come from whey, collagen, and sometimes egg. Keto shakes will have little, if any, carbs or sugar. They will usually a reasonable amount of fiber
Mixability & Taste
The keto shake you are considering should mix easily and taste good. The best meal replacements can be mixed with the beverage of your choice, used to make pudding, or bake with. Some keto shakes, such as American Metabolix Keto Meal, can be used to make keto waffles.
Keto shakes should be as natural as possible. Some will use artificial sweeteners, but many keto shakes are 100% natural. Look for high-quality grass-fed whey protein and grass-fed butter.
How To Use A Keto Meal Replacement Shake
Whenever possible, a keto meal replacement shake should not be a replacement for real food. Keto shakes are a great choice when you can’t make a meal. However, some keto diet plans, such as SlimFast Keto, call for 1-2 meals to be replaced with shakes. When using, read and follow all label directions. If you’re on the run, a single serving bottle such as Ample K is a very convenient way to go. All you do is add water or the beverage of your choice. Many newer shaker cups have a little storage compartment for powder. These compartments screw onto the bottom of the shaker. This makes it easy to take a serving of your chosen keto meal replacement with you. Keto shakes can keep you satisfied for hours and work great for any keto or low-carb lifestyle.
If you’re a keto dieter, you know a meal replacement shake can be a lifesaver. If you’re deciding which one to try, the best overall is Ample K Ketogenic Meal Replacement. It’s the most convenient because it comes in single-serving bottles. Take it anywhere and add the beverage of your choice. With 600 calories and 51g fat, it’ll keep you full for a long time.
If you’re a budget-conscious keto dieter, SlimFast Keto Meal is the way to go. It’s a well-balanced keto meal that uses the SlimFast Keto diet concept of replacing 2 meals with shakes. You eat one regular meal, and you can have keto-snacks.
If you’d like some variety with your keto shakes and like to bake or make waffles, American Metabolix Keto is the best choice.
There’s no doubt, our guide will help found the best keto meal replacement shake that fits your needs the most!