Superfoods have been a nutritional mainstay for decades. Most superfoods are greens, such as spirulina or kale. Green superfood powders have been around for a long time.
Now, red superfood powders have become popular, and for good reason. A red superfood is very nutrient dense.
You can use it by itself or combine it with a green powder. Either way, you’ll want the nutrients a good red powder provides.
This guide will look at the best red superfood powders on the market. Let’s check them out!
In a Hurry? Here is our top pick:
Best red superfood powder
- Purity Products Super Reds Powder – Best Overall
- Bare Performance Nutrition Strong Reds Superfood Powder – Best For Athletes
- Divine Health Organic Red Supremefood® – Best Doctor Formulated Reds Superfood Powder
- MacroLife Naturals Miracle Reds Superfood Powder – Best For Vegans
- Terra Kai Organics Juice Ultimate Reds – Best For Focus
- Peak Performance Organic Reds Superfood Powder – Best Tasting
- Raw Life Organics Reds Juice Powder – Best For Bodybuilders
- GoBiotix Super Greens Powder N’ Super Reds Powder – Best Reds & Greens Combo
Reviews – Best red superfood powders
Purity Products Super Reds Powder – Best Overall
What’s one of the reasons Purity Products Super Reds Powder is our best overall? It’s because it has a well dosed partial open-label. Few red superfood powders that feature this level of label transparency.
There are over 26 nutrients. Each one has individual dosages listed. Also, there is a Fruit and Vegetable Blend with 16 nutrients. Plus, there are natural flavors and natural sweeteners. Purity Products Super Reds Powder contains antioxidants, phytonutrients, lutein, and cognitive enhancers. Plus, there are natural energy enhancers and heart-healthy ingredients.
Finally, you can mix it with cold water and consume it by itself. Or, you can mix it with your favorite protein powder. Combine it with a green powder. Finally, you can add it to a smoothie.
- Features A Mostly Open Label
- Contains 26+ Ingredients Plus One 16-Ingredient Blend
- No Artificial Flavors, Colors, Or Sweeteners
- Some Users Do Not Like The Taste
Bare Performance Nutrition Strong Reds Superfood Powder – Best For Athletes
Here’s a red superfood powder designed for athletes of all sports. Bare Performance Nutrition Strong Reds Superfood Powder is another powder with a partial open label. There are 10 fruit ingredients and the branded Spectra ORAC Antioxidant Blend. This blend is a complete spectrum of antioxidants that contains 25 total ingredients.
Also, this powder has a digestive enzyme blend. Plus, Strong Reds Superfood Powder uses natural flavoring and sweeteners. Finally, it’s an Informed Sport certified product. These products undergo testing for banned substances.
- Designed For Athletes
- Features A Partial Open Label
- Includes Trademarked Spectra Orac Antioxidant Blend
- Some Users Feel The Containers Are Not Full Enough
Divine Health Organic Red Supremefood® – Best Doctor Formulated Reds Superfood Powder
Here’s a Doctor-formulated red superfood powder. In fact, this Doctor is a best-selling author. Divine Health Organic Red Supremefood is USDA-certified organic. This formula features 5 prop blends. There is a Fruit, Fiber, Pre/Probiotic, Botanical, and Enzyme blend.
These types of products use prop bends. Very few use any kind of open labeling. Even a trademarked formula such as Spectra is a prop blend.
One reason for this is all these ingredients work together. So, they end up combined as synergistic blends that target certain functions. What about Divine Health Organic Red Supremefood? One serving supplies the antioxidant power of 4 fruit and veggie servings. Finally, there are no artificial ingredients.
- Features 5 Blends
- Provides The Antioxidant Strength Of 4 Servings Of Veggies And Fruit
- No Artificial Ingredients
- May Be Too Sweet For Some Users
MacroLife Naturals Miracle Reds Superfood Powder – Best For Vegans
Here’s a red superfood powder that uses prop blends. Yet the label shows each individual ingredient. MacroLife Naturals Miracle Reds Superfood Powder features 7 total nutrient blends.
There’s Superfood, Probiotic, Plant Enzyme, Antioxidant, Adaptogenic, Fiber, and Support blends. Also, there’s a total dose for each blend, but no individual doses. MacroLife Naturals is the creator of the original Greens supplement.
Like Miracle Greens, their red powder is 100% clean with zero artificial ingredients. This is certified vegan, non-GMO, dairy-free, and gluten-free. It’s an ideal fit for the Vegan lifestyle.
- Designed For Vegans
- Features 7 Blends
- 100% Clean Formula
- Some Users Feel It Could Mix Better
Terra Kai Organics Juice Ultimate Reds – Best For Focus
Here’s a red superfood powder with an emphasis on focus ingredients. Terra Kai Organics Juice Ultimate Reds features prebiotics, antioxidants, and immune health boosters.
Also, there are probiotics, focus enhancers, and enzymes. In fact, one scoop provides 64 superfoods. Ultimate Reds is a certified organic, all-natural powder. It’s also non-GMO. There is a small amount of organic sugar.
Still, this powder uses stevia as its natural sweetener. Finally, there’s the Organic Focus Blend. This blend consists of Green Tea, American Ginseng, and Dried Coffee Bean. The Coffee Bean is not caffeinated, and there is no listed caffeine for this product.
- Features An Exclusive Focus Blend
- Certified Organic
- Uses Natural Flavoring, Coloring, And Sweetener
- Some Users Don’t Like The Taste
Peak Performance Organic Reds Superfood Powder – Best Tasting
Peak Performance Organic Reds Superfood Powder is the best-tasting red powder. This delicious powder uses natural, fresh from the farm ingredients. Here’s a red superfood powder with 4 blends and over 25 total nutrients.
There’s a Super Fruit, Antioxidant, Endurance, and Digestive blend. Each of these blends is certified organic. The exclusive Endurance Blend supports energy and vitality without using caffeine. This formula is 3rd party tested for quality. Also, it’s recommended by Doctors for taste, digestibility, and quality.
- The Best Tasting Reds Powder
- Features 3rd Party Testing
- Certified Organic
- The Container Does Not Seem Full To Some Users
Raw Life Organics Reds Juice Powder – Best For Bodybuilders
Raw Life Organics Reds Juice Powder has a high concentration of beet powder. Beets stimulate circulation. The improved circulation means more nitric oxide production. This means better pumps for bodybuilders. It also results in better nutrient and oxygen delivery.
There’s also Peak 02, a patented mushroom blend that increases endurance. This leads to better bodybuilding workouts. Raw Life Organics Reds Juice Powder features 2 blends. Each blend complements the other for peak performance. Finally, this powder is organic and all-natural. Mix it in cold water or your favorite beverage. Or, add it to your pre-workout.
- Promotes Circulation For Better Nitric Oxide Production
- Increases Endurance
- Improves Oxygen And Nutrient Transport
- A Limited Formula For Anything Other Than Pumps And Endurance
GoBiotix Super Greens Powder N’ Super Reds Powder – Best Reds & Greens Combo
Here’s a red superfood powder that includes a green blend. This is a 4-blend formula that also includes the patented S11 Probiotics Blend. There’s also an Enzyme Blend. GoBiotix Super Greens N Super Reds Powder has a comprehensive red blend.
There’s also a full spectrum greens blend. These two blends work together to create a powerful detox and nutrient combo. This superfood powder is vegan, non-GMO, and free of gluten. It contains several organic ingredients, and it’s all-natural. Finally, you can drink it by itself, or add it to a smoothie.
- Combines Reds And Greens
- Included Probiotics And Enzymes
- All Natural
- Some Users Don’t Like The Taste
Buying Guide – How To Choose The Best Red Superfood Powder
What Is A Red Superfood Powder?
A red superfood powder is a supplement that contains “red” ingredients. This means ingredients such as red berries, acai, tomatoes, beets, and so on. These nutrients have a high content of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
How Is It Different From Green Superfood Powder?
Greens superfood powders are more common. They contain a high concentration of vegetables, fruits, and green superfoods such as spirulina and kale. Yet red superfood powders are becoming more popular. Some companies combine greens and red in one product. Others sell them both and suggest buying both. Either way, a red superfood powder is an excellent addition to your supplement program.
Here are some of the benefits of red superfood powders.
- Increased Energy – Many red superfood powders support natural energy. They do this without caffeine. A good example of this is Peak Performance Organic Reds Superfood Powder. There’s also a product such as Terra Kai Organics Juice Ultimate Reds. This formula advertises focus and also helps with energy.
- Cognitive Function – Some powders, such as the example above, promote focus. Others, such as Raw Life Organics Reds Juice Powder, increase circulation. This helps enhance mental clarity. It also improves endurance.
- Enhanced Immune Health & Function – Every red superfood powder supports immune health and function. Many powders include a specific immune system blend. One example is Terra Kai Organics Juice Ultimate Reds.
- Digestive Health – Several red powders include digestive enzymes. This helps the formula absorb better. Others, such as Peak Performance Organic Reds Superfood Powder, help the body remove toxins. This formula also supports digestive health and function.
- Antioxidant Support – Protects the body from free radical damage. This helps fight the aging process.
What Different Types Of Red Superfood Powders Are There?
Red superfood powders come from different sources. These include red berries and other sources. These compounds have a high content of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Several of these red superfoods also contain probiotics and prebiotics. These sources include:
- Beetroot – Beetroots have a high antioxidant capacity. They contain vitamin C, folate, fiber, potassium, and iron. Another ingredient found in beetroot is nitrates. This compound supports blood flow and circulation. It helps control your level of blood sugar and blood pressure. It also is a popular bodybuilding ingredient because it promotes nitric oxide production. Of course, this leads to good pumps in the gym.
- Strawberry – Like other red fruits, strawberries are high in antioxidants and vitamin C.
- Cherry – This popular red fruit is high in vitamin C. Of course, C is an antioxidant, and supports the immune system.
- Pomegranate – This red fruit is an anti-inflammatory. It’s high in nutrients and antioxidants.
- Acai Berry – This is a nutrient-dense red berry. It is high in antioxidants and contains flavonoids. Along with red fruits like Goji, it has earned a reputation as an antioxidant.
- Rhodiola – This is an adaptogenic herb. It’s classified as a red superfood. An adaptogen helps the body deal with physical and emotional stress.
- Reishi – This mushroom supports immune system health.
Other red superfoods include raspberries, grape seed, blueberries, and more. Every red powder combines various red compounds into several blends. Each blend contains nutrients that work together based on function.
If there’s a downside to these products, it’s the heavy use of prop blends. As noted, even a trademarked ORAC blend such as Spectra is a prop blend. A few red powders, such as our best overall Purity Products Super Reds Powder, use partial open labels. Yet even this product has one prop blend. In this case, it’s a Reds Fruit and Vegetable Blend.
What To Consider When Looking At Reds Superfoods Powder
Some red superfood powders target specific benefits. One example of this is Raw Life Organics Reds Juice Powder. This contains two nutrient blends. One blend supports nitric oxide production. The other blend supports workout endurance. This is a blend that directly targets bodybuilders.
Some products target users interested in more energy and focus. Other red superfood powders are meant for anyone interested in good health. These products will offer a wide range of blends and nutrients. You should look at red superfood powders that match up to your personal goals.
Is It Organic?
Most red superfood powders contain some organic ingredients. An example of a partial organic formula is GoBiotix Super Greens N Super Reds Powder. The Greens Blend is 100% organic. The rest of the formula is natural, but not organic. Others, such as Peak Performance Organic Reds Superfood Powder, use a completely organic formula.
Is It Natural?
As noted, a red powder can be natural but not organic. You should look for a formula with natural flavorings, sweeteners, and coloring. Every powder in our guide is natural. Every one of them uses natural sweeteners, coloring, and flavors. What if you come across a superfood powder that contains artificial ingredients? Avoid it and stick with a natural product.
We have seen that most red superfood powders are prop blends. Still you should check the dosages. It’s important to understand that a prop blend will never reveal individual dosages. Instead, it lists a total blend dose. Some blends will be more potent than others. Also, it will list the ingredients based on weight. You can get a ballpark idea of how much there might be of each ingredient. Look for high dosed prop blends. This makes it more likely that individual ingredients will be effectively dosed.
How To Use A Reds Superfood Powder
Always start with the product’s directions. Most powders suggest mixing with the beverage of your choice. You can also add it to your smoothie. Depending on the product, you can mix it into your pre-workout or post-workout shake. It would make sense to take Raw Life Organics Reds Juice Powder before a workout. This is because it promotes pumps, nutrient/oxygen delivery, and endurance. Are you using a different red superfood powder? You can take it post-workout. That’s the best time to take in a nutrient dense drink. Also, you can add it to your protein powder.
Purity Products Super Reds Powder is one of the few to feature an almost fully open label. There are over 26 nutrients plus a 16-ingredient blend. Finally, mix this with your favorite smoothie, beverage, or protein powder.
The best choice for bodybuilders is Raw Life Organics Reds Juice Powder. This is designed to enhance endurance and increase nitric oxide production. It’s natural, organic, and mixes easily.
Finally, do you want a red powder that also provides a green blend? GoBiotix Super Greens Powder N’ Super Reds Powder has both full-spectrum reds and greens blends. This formula also has probiotics and an enzyme blend.
The best red superfood powder is the one you can adjust to your needs the most. Use your guide to find the right one for you!