Are you looking for a great home treadmill at an affordable price?
If yes, then the ProForm 905 CST treadmill might be the one for you. Read this ProForm 905 CST treadmill review to know more about this treadmill and its various features.
The ProForm 905 CST is an affordable treadmill for your home. ProForm is well-known for offering high-quality treadmills that have lots of hi-tech features and powerful motors.
A lot of customers love ProForm treadmills. But, they generally complain about the customer service. Still, ProForm is a trustworthy brand for home equipment. This is due to its powerful and durable fitness products.
ProForm 905 CST treadmill Overview
- Spacious running surface of 20 inches x 60 inches
- ProShox cushioning system that diminishes strain on your joints
- Comes with a chest strap heart rate monitor
- A maximum speed of 12 mph
- Includes 30 in-built workouts
- The company forces iFit on you
- Boring display
I found out that the ProForm 905 CST treadmill has a lot of great features that might encourage you to work out more. Some of its outstanding characteristics include a huge running surface, 3.0 CHP motor, a workout app, and a great warranty.
This personal workout machine is high in quality and performance. It’s quite similar to the previous treadmill model offered by ProForm, 505 CST. Moreover, its frame construction and dimensions are like the 705 treadmill model.
The 905 CSR is ideal for comfortable workouts with its large running or walking deck, sound system, cushioned handles, fan, and health programs. The machine also aims to keep your heart healthy with its chest strap heart rate monitor.
Who should buy ProForm 905 CST?
The ProForm 905 CST treadmill is for you if your weight is over 300 pounds and less than 350 pounds. This training machine is a great option for you if you’re into light to intense cardio workouts, stamina development, weight loss, and interval training.
Moreover, if you have a limited workout space, then this is a great treadmill for you since it is foldable.
If you need stability in your workout, then you can also opt for this treadmill. This machine can handle the intensity of your exercise, thus making your exercise regime safe and satisfactory.
Things to consider before buying a treadmill
Treadmills allow you to run indoors within the comfort of your home. They come in handy when the outside weather is cold or rainy and you cannot go out to run. Some of the things to consider when choosing a treadmill include:
- Power: Your chosen treadmill must have an engine power that can support your weight and reach your preferred maximum speed. The inclination in a treadmill influences the operation of the engine. More inclination means less engine power. So, if you weigh over 80 kg, then your treadmill should have at least 1.5 hp power. The optimal power is 2 hp, which is ideal for running at a speed of 10 miles/h or more.
- Maximum speed: Beginner runners can work with a maximum speed of 7 miles/h. But, professional runners would need at least 10 miles/h speed.
- Inclination degree: Both novice and professional runners can benefit from treadmill inclination. The inclination level helps in different training types. You can opt for regular 7, 10, 12, or 15% inclination degrees. Professional treadmills have slopes below 1 or 2%. Make sure you don’t use the inclination if you suffer from any ankle-related issues.
Features And Benefits
The running surface is one of the most important aspects of a treadmill. It is the dimensions of the belt area in inches. The gold standard size for home treadmills is 20 inches in width and 60 inches in length. This much running surface allows you to comfortably walk or run on the treadmill.
The 905 CST has the same running surface of 20 inches x 60 inches. This means most of the users can stretch out with ease on this treadmill even when they are running at the highest speed. They do not have to reduce their stride length. But, people who are more than 6 feet tall might have an issue, which they will have with almost every other treadmill on the market.
Additionally, the ProForm 905 CST treadmill has the ProShox cushioning system. This patent feature of ProForm diminishes the compression forces through your legs.
You can easily fold this treadmill vertically when you have to store it. This saves a lot of space and is a major boon for people who have a small workout space. Moreover, if you have small kids who can get on and mess with the treadmill, then the vertical folding feature is quite useful.
The 905 CST has a sturdy structure with a weight capacity of 350 lb. This is a good feature in budget home treadmills, which generally have a weight limit between 250 and 300 lb. Moreover, the treadmill has a durable construction, which allows users with a larger build to use it without breaking it.
The ProForm 905 CST treadmill has a strong motor of 3.0 continuous horsepower (CHP). This allows you to easily use this machine for intense workouts.
Home treadmills generally have a motor power between 2.0 and 4.0 CHP. A strong motor is better since it would not have to work as hard during workouts and thus would last longer. With this much power, the motor can sustain high speeds without any issues.
The machine has a maximum inclination of 12% and a maximum speed of 12 miles/hour. This feature makes this treadmill great for sprinters.
The 905 CST has rollers of 1.9 inches that are precise and steady. Larger rollers mean smoother movement. Even though most people prefer rollers of 2.5 inches, most of the budget machines have 1.9-inch rollers. Still, the 905 CST has a smooth operation at any pace.
The 905 CST treadmill has many other features, such as:
- 30 built-in workout programs: With 30 integrated workout programs, you won’t get bored while working out.
- Compatible with iFit: This treadmill is compatible with iFit, like other ProForm treadmills. With a monthly subscription, you can access unlimited workouts by qualified personal trainers on this app.
- Quick touch buttons: The buttons allow you to set the incline or speed in an instant. This is great for interval training that requires you to make quick shifts between settings.
- Built-in CoolAire cooling fan: The fan keeps you cool while you are working out.
- Grip heart rate monitor: The monitor lets you track your heart rate, which you can use while resting or walking.
- Chest strap heart rate monitor: The free monitor allows you to easily track your heart rate during workouts.
- Dual speakers of 2 inches: You can easily plug your phone or mp3 player into this treadmill. This way you can listen to your favorite music from the machine while walking.
- Tablet holder: The tablet holder sits above the console, which does not block the display. It lets you use iFit or watch a movie from a tablet while working out.
What Are Customers Saying?
The ProForm 905 CST has received amazing ratings from customers. People love the various features of this running machine. But, some people complain that it’s a bit expensive.
Alternatives To ProForm 905 CST Treadmill
If you are looking for good alternatives to the ProForm 905 CST treadmill, then these two options are great.
1. NordicTrack T Series Treadmills (6.5S & 6.5Si Models)
This affordable treadmill is great for beginners. It provides perfect incline and speed for light to moderate workouts. You can switch between these two options with the touch of a button on its console.
The machine has 20 built-in workout apps with an option to track your heart rate while working out. It is maintenance- and hassle-free.
2. XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill
This is an affordable and high-quality treadmill for fast-paced walking, jogging, or running. It is a basic home treadmill for beginners or intermediate runners.
The machine has a motor of 2.25 HP and has a maximum speed of 10mph, which is enough for most runners. But, it does not have built-in music speakers, USB port, and any fitness apps. It also lacks three incline levels.
The ProForm 905 CST treadmill is great for light to intense interval training, cardio workout sessions, weight loss, and stamina development.
The 905 CST is a durable and motorized treadmill. It features a powerful 3.0 CHP motor, 30 programs on the console, and 12 automatic inclination levels.
The 905 CST is iFit and Bluetooth enabled. This allows you to directly see your workout details online. Plus, it is foldable and offered at an affordable price. It’s definitely worth checking out.